If you’ve spent any time in Singapore then you’ve probably heard about the Great Singapore Sale. In short, it’s a window between the last week of May and the last week of July when most stores offer 30-50 percent off.
Working as a personal stylist in Singapore for almost 7 years I have learned the ins and outs of this intricate business and I am here to help you navigate sales better in order to keep your sanity and save you money. Here’s my top five picks:
- Club 21. This is a collection of famous designers including Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Lanvin, Marni, Moschino, Paul Smith, and many others – the list goes on and on. Join their loyalty program in any of their stores. This little card will save you money every time you shop and will notify you when pre-sales begin. It’s important to go during pre-sales as most stylish items sell out really fast. Club 21 stores usually go on sale during first week of June. Personally I save my money and wait for their mega sale that takes place in August/September. It’s called the Club 21 Bazaar Sale and I promise you it’s worth the long queue and wait to get in. Men’s, women’s and children’s’ wear will be marked down by as much as 60-80 percent.
- Jimmy Choo. This brand does not need special introduction – sexy, comfortable heels at a hefty price tag! Jimmy Choo is usually amongst the first to go on sale. May 23 is their first day with 30 percent mark downs, but only the cruise collection will be on sale. Do go early as they may have limited stock due to popular demand. Stores in Paragon and MBS.
- Raoul. A unique collection of trendy women’s pieces for anyone who wants to be seen as stylish and fun. It has already started a 40 percent sale on most items. What’s even more appealing is that they provide great customer service. Classic bags and shoes may not be on sale. In Paragon.
- The Metro. This is a not a train but a big department store with 4 locations in Singapore. Join their loyalty program when you spend $300 within 3 months. This department store runs sales and promotions through the year.
- Diane Von Furstenberg (DVF). This designer has built a great reputation on beautifully made wrap dresses that make any woman look gorgeous. I often bring my clients here to find that special occasion dress or casual chic clothes that are so hard to find anywhere else. Their loyalty card will get you an extra 10 percent off, as well as an invitation to VIP pre-sales. The DVF sale started on May 19th and will offer savings of up to 30-40 percent. Stores in ION and Takashimaya.
Happy Shopping and do share you sales secrets with me.